“Everything in this whole building makes me feel like I have traveled to the future.” Ninja Camper
Microsoft will be conducting a 5 day boot camp during the week of August 12, 2019 at its headquarters in Redmond, WA for current 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th grade students with disabilities to give them an in-depth look at Microsoft products as well as careers available in the technology industry. Through this boot camp, Microsoft aims to teach students digital skills, connect them with Microsoft employees with disabilities, and help them become more confident.
What Will Be Taught?
During this boot camp, the following will be covered with the students:
- Hands-on learning using the latest technology (e.g., Windows 10, Office 365, Bots, Mixed Reality platforms, etc.)
- Using key Microsoft Office applications for use in school projects, personal activities and future jobs
- Storytelling and presenting to an audience
- Resume & portfolio guidance
- Technology lab tours
- Mentoring sessions with Microsoft employees
- Learning about community organizations that offer support, resource and programs for people with disabilities
- Breaks for free play and snacks (breakfast, lunch, and snacks included)
There is no cost associated with the camp, and there is no requirement around GPA or technical skills as well. Microsoft will provide all devices and software but if a student has their own device set up with all the software they need, they can use that instead of Microsoft’s.
Interested candidates should review the application online and apply. The deadline for submitting applications is February 1, 2019 5 PM Pacific time. Accepted participants will be notified via email on February 22, 2019.
For any assistance regarding accommodation in completing or submitting the application, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details, visit this link or read the guide below.
** This post was originally published on http://assistivetechnologyblog.com/2019/01/microsoft-ninja-camp-introduces-students-with-disabilities-to-technology-careers.html